After the Pixie Hat, I realized that I should make a pair of baby bootees to match. Unfortunately, I had gotten out of the groove and hadn't made any since the 2004-5 baby frenzy amongst my friends.
The construction baffled me a bit and after some blind knitting, here is the result:
These were top down, and then decreases to form the sole. I've also made some that start with the sole and then picking up stitches to do the instep and heel.
Anyway, for such a tiny piece of knitting, it has a HUGE amount of finish work. 8 ends of yarn to weave in, and an I-cord tie.
I think it took me 3 hours to do this, not including the hour I spent fiddling with the Embellish-Knit (which rocks). I was intrigued after reading the post from Knit Flix so I decided to get my own. Of course, it sat in the drawer for nearly a year but now I am victorious.
After 3 botched attempts, I got a lovely thin i-cord. Now I just have to motivate to finish the 2nd bootee!!!